Her Justice offers free, live, CLE-accredited trainings throughout the year in family, divorce and immigration law.
All of our trainings focus on the impact domestic violence has on the lives of survivors and the challenges faced by immigrants.
Trainings also include an interactive question and answer session to address issues that may arise.
Comprehensive manuals containing case law and sample documents are available, both in print and digitally, to pro bono attorneys working on matters referred by Her Justice.
- Videos of our trainings are available for those who cannot attend a live training.
- Experienced attorneys may receive CLE credit for viewing our training videos or live trainings.
- Newly admitted attorneys may only receive credit for viewing live trainings.
- Experienced attorneys can also earn up to 10 additional CLE credits for representing Her Justice clients pro bono.
- Newly admitted attorneys may earn pro bono CLE credit solely for the purpose of carrying over the pro bono credit to the following biennial reporting cycle.
Her Justice training: Working with victims of intimate partner violence
Who is eligible to attend Her Justice trainings?
- Attorneys from large law firms and in-house counsel at corporations who team up with law firm attorneys to represent Her Justice clients are welcome to attend our trainings. In-house counsel should contact us in advance of registering for a training so that we can discuss your participation in our program
- Law firm associates and summer associates who have not yet been admitted to the New York State bar may attend trainings and work on a pro bono matter under the supervision of an admitted attorney from the firm, pursuant to Her Justice’s Student Practice Order
- Attorneys who attend Her Justice trainings, or request access to our video trainings, commit to take on a pro bono matter, individually or as part of a team of two or more attorneys
- Experienced Her Justice staff attorneys mentor and consult with pro bono teams throughout the course of the representation
Pre-registration is required for all trainings.
Contact Her Justice for more information